Tuesday, June 21, 2011

much ado about belly bump

It feels like forever.

I'm at the beginning of third trimester already and I feel I've been pregnant forever. It's so tiring trying to eat healthier, carrying the extra 20lbs around, peeing every 10 minutes or so and puking whenever I feel like puking. Seriously, when will this be over?!

I blurt that out every time things get so overwhelming.

But when I seriously think about it... yes, the 9months is like forever that you will really get used to. Here are some of my "favorite" preggy routines I have developed:

1) Water overload. I was never a fan of "uncolored" drinks. I only drink coffee, soda, coffee, juice, coffee, margarita, coffee and uhmm coffee. So this time, I have no other choice but to give all those up (for awhile) and have a glass of water... for around 10 times a day. It helps me hydrated and prevents pregnancy annoyances (e.g cramps, constipation, UTI, etc.)

2) Waking up every 2-3 hours just to go to the loo. I hate getting my sleep interrupted. But I'd rather get up and go to the toilet than pee on my bed. Its a lot of work cleaning that up. And embarrassing too. And I believe excreting those excess water in my body will help me not to have edematous hands and legs which are common to pregnant women.

3) Eating every 2-3 hours. Yes, just like the peeing, I'm probably busy munching on something now and also 3 hours ago and 3 hours after. I just have to make sure though that these are healthy snacks like yoghurt, nuts, crackers, fruits, veggies and chocolates. Okay, the last one is not really a good choice for a healthy snack.

4) Vomitting at 12noon and 12mn. Yes, just as my peeing and eating are timed. My puking has also its own time. What can I do? even my pregnancy signs and symptoms wants order and routine. Crackers and cereals were my ever reliable defense for the vomitting marathon.

5) Trying out clothes in my closet every other day. It used to be every other week. But as I get bigger and bigger, I need to make sure something nice and clean will fit me at least for the next 2 days. I just couldn't predict whenever I feel like going out as I was always sleepy and tired. And when that happens, I should have something to wear that fits my growing belly well. Or else, I cry. When all things fail, I put on my husbands clothes and i still look adorable -- in my husband's eyes of course.

6) Shopping. Well, it's nothing new...except that its shopping for the future mini-Me or mini-Hubby. Half of my monthly salary (at least) goes to all the gears and stuff for the baby (and other times for the mommy). Spoiler mom and dad. Oh well, this is our first baby and we want to make sure we are preparing right. We tried getting the good quality stuff (and they are a bit pricey) because we might be able to use them again in the (later) future.

7) Weekends at home. I have chosen movies at home with my hubby over late night outs and weekends with friends. You don't get to feel the baby kicks and punches very often (or so I thought) and we just want to cherish those moments together. I feltl those butterfly like flutters around 4th month. In pregnancy terms, it's called quickening. And you will feel them around the 20th week. But since i was really thin pre-pregnancy, I felt it a lot earlier. And those movements will get stronger and more often on the later parts of pregnancy. Then I believe will slow down a bit on the last few weeks (I'm not there yet as of press time) as there's no more space in your uterus for those kickboxing routine.

8) Skin care regimen. Moisturizer is my new best friend. I hate those girly stuff like facial scrubs, sunblocks and moisturizer. But a good skin care regimen is really a must to have a fresh looking, smooth feeling and stretch mark free skin. No matter how hot (or humid) or how heavy sometimes lotion becomes, I make it a habit to slather lotion all over my body. Oh thank God for moisturizers and good genes -- I'm stretch mark free, so far.

9) Belly Dancing. Oh no.. not me. The baby in my tummy I mean. It just feels so nice and magical -- feeling that little creature practicing his/her moves inside your tummy before he makes his grand entrance. It is painful sometimes but WTH, he might got those dancing steps from me. Oh and by the way, belly dancing is a good prenatal conditioning exercise. I'm just too lazy to move this growing hips now.

10) Yoga. Now this is for me. I tried doing these yoga positions which helped me stretch and relax my muscles. It also helped me getting a good sleep at night.

So when this pregnancy is over, what do I do then?! I think I have forgotten what it is like not being pregnant. And i will surely miss all those prenatal activities.

I guess I have to enjoy every moment of pregnancy now and try not to rush it. Take time to smell the flowers er?!

It will be over sooner than I think and for sure, I will be making another set of postnatal activities.

I will surely miss Natnat in my tummy when the time comes. 

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.