Tuesday, July 17, 2012

where oh where....

This is my official entry to the Howard Storage World + Dainty Mom Wow Your Wardrobe Contest.


While doing our grocery shopping, I asked hubby if we should/can buy a new drawer/cabinet for our little one. MY baby has been practicing standing/ getting up with anything she can hold on to. And her cabinet, which holds all of her clothes, cloth diapers, socks/shoes and other baby supplies, had "carried" her weight a lot of times thus breaking it to pieces. Literally. Well, we didn't have the chance buy  a lot of furnitures (and to baby proof) our new, tiny  and temporary flat. I wanted this house to be as "spacious" as it can be. Actually, we don't have stuff and storage here. I prefer to allot our money to something more important (like food and savings) than buy furniture that we won't be using for a long time. Besides, our baby is at her 'crawling endlessly' and starting to stand by herself stage and we need that clutter free space. I don't want her to trip, slip and/or munch on anything so I try to keep the house as empty as it can be.


Hubby, baby and I are now sharing one small cabinet (small for the three of us). All of hubby's clothes are hanged with hanger. All of my clothes are folded in one single square space (I had 2 spaces before the incident). Baby's stuff are stored in the other square space. Baby's shoe/socks and her other supplies are inside a cloth bag lying-inside-the-cabinet-wherever-it-lands-when-I'm-in-a-hurry-tidying-up-the-house. My bags are somewhere there too. (Talk about a clutter free floor but uberly messy closet. Lol.) Accessories are... wait. I don't know where I kept them. Geessh.

For the past few weeks,
.... I let my baby wear mismatched outfits which I don't usually do. I'm obsessed with matching outfits so that i know if I lost her socks or shorts during laundry. Like inventory. And it's driving me insane not knowing if I actually lost something or it's just somewhere out there hiding in the "family closet". I really don't have time anymore to arrange and find what's in there 'coz a "homemaker and "hands on mom" are the busiest job title I have ever had. 
....The amount of our grocery is now twice as much as what we usually pay too because I don't know what we have and what we don't have (talking about baby's supplies).
.... I use the same bag wherever we go 'coz it will take me longer to find another bag than the time I spend out of the house.

Hubby said "No" to a new cabinet. (see temporary house, food, savings). I rest my case. Anyway, that "family closet" can work for us... if only I can find more space or shelves inside it.

Oh please let me win a  Php10,000 wardrobe showcase from Howards Storage.Whether we stay here or back to our more permanent house, a well organized closet (and house) will surely:
- make my "inventory" easier (both for consumable and non-consumable items)
lessen time spent on finding the right thing for the right time
- have a place for everything and everything will be in it's place
- still maintain that "clutter free" house
- keep my sanity intact
- and make our tiny flat look pretty too!


Good luck to me!

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.