Tuesday, June 24, 2008

my fortunate chances


Do u believe in serendipity?, a listener asked the DJs on the radio.
Hmmm…
The DJ said something blah blah blah. I cant remember the exact words. But I do remember he said something about fortunate chance.
So I googled the word SERENDIPITY. Alas, what the Dj said was there, Word for word. & I thought the DJ was so smart coming up with those answers. Im so gullible. Haha.
Anyway, it got me thinking about all the fortunate chances in my life.
Career
Back in highschool, I really don’t know what I wanted to do with my life. I was good at math & physics & history, anything with numbers. (History has numbers. Read DATES). I remembered I was really good at it that during my senior year, my math teacher just saw my name on my test paper & she graded me 20/20. “Tama lahat, si Salang ka naman.”. I guess I have established well on the math department that whatever my answer was, it will be perfect. So I figured I’ll be a math major, take on accounting or business management or maybe economics. But I wasn’t really sure what I really wanted. But im sure I wanted to go to University of the Philippines. By hook or by crook, I will become Iska/ Iskolar ng Bayan (that’s what they call us, students of UP). So I got the application form( didn’t put anything substantial on the Course you want to take & to which Campus I want to enrol in), took the exam & qualified for scholarship program in UP-Manila under BS Physical Therapy.
Physical Therapy? Bachelor of Science? Science? Science? This was my waterloo. I never did well in that subject ever since my schooling began. No, no, no! Though, I decided, ill just transfer to another course later on. But that never happened exactly. I stayed on.
Four years of Science, human body, medical-surgical matters & rehabilitation medicine. I survived! I even got recognition award during my internship year & passed all my licensure exams. Whew!
Luckily I got a job with the PT as job title. Unlike others whose work is not related to their profession. Fortunate chance huh?!
Love
Back in May 2005, my niece was confined a couple of months in the hospital. I wasn’t really in good terms with her mother at that time so I didn’t visit her during her confinement. I have no intentions or whatsoever in making peace with her after what I believe was the stupidest thing one could ever do. But, hey, she’s family. I have to be there regardless of the situation. I dropped by. And from the nurse’s counter, I saw one nice thing.
It was the most beautiful thing ever. He was wearing his peach-yellowish scrub suit, with the sunlight creating a glow around his silhouette. It was like an angel sent down from heaven. (it was really like that.. or maybe I’m exaggerating).
After a date or two, we were a couple. We’re inseparable. & now happily married. I wasn’t looking for anyone or do i have any intentions of picking some random guy I come across with to eventually become myHubby. (I was seriously committed at that time with someone else or so I thought) But I did find one. Fortunate chance huh?!
Family
Back in March 2007, I got into a bit huge argument with my sister that turned into more than a year old not speaking with each other. We live in the same 26square meter room during that time and not a single word was spoken with each other. I cant remember why we did that when all our lives we were always the partners in crime.
So after 14months I called her. Not to make peace but because our building which housed 26sq m apartment fell apart. Ever since that (un)fateful, we’ve been talking to each other, laughing at silly jokes, making nasty comments about neighbours, imitating the 25 most stylish in Hollywood, & pairing up to get even with mom. (Isn’t that the most awesome thing in the world? ) Fortunate chance huh?!
Well, by far, those were the things I can recall as the biggest fortunate chances I had. I’ll be taking note of them as I go on with my life… of fortunate chances.

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.