Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thanks please...

Sometimes, you just want to feel appreciated for a job well done. But most of the time, you just feel that they tell it to you too late already. Like when someone dies & you never had a chance of thanking her for raising you well. Or like when a relationship ends & you failed to be grateful that you endured years together. Or when … (fill in the blanks)

I got to talk with my friends from work last week, they were my subordinates when I was still with them. I just resigned after 5 years of working with them. They are under new management now. Before I left I keep on telling them, that as much as they can, do not compare the new management's take on things as I did Because we are a hell a lot different from each other. I guess they really cant help it. Kung si serendipity lang yung nandito, ndi aabot sa ganito. (if serendipity was still here, it wont reach up to this point. Referring to decisions made in work conflicts). Somehow, it was music to my ears – not that I silently wished for that to happen. Hehe. It was flattering how people appreciated you for what you did. But I guess it was too late for them to say that to me now or for me to hear that now. I needed that while I was at a low point of my career, at a time I was discerning if I will go on or give up my career. I MIGHT not have resigned that early if I had some reason to stay (like a little appreciation?!) I'm not blaming anyone on how things end up ok. My decision was based on several factors… and with maybe with fate too. Im just thankful, somehow, I knew now that I did well. And it is a good take off point to where I really wanted to be or where fate will take me.

So from now on, I'll start appreciating things as they happen & not wait til things are over. I just hope you do too...

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.