Thursday, July 24, 2008

Til I Met You


Being in a couple is hard. Committing, making sacrifices is hard. But if it is the right person then its easy. Looking at that person & knowing she's all you want in the world, that's the easiest thing to do. If its not like that, then she's not the one.
-marshall, how i met your mother

I used to be a non-believer of a loyal, committed relationship. I'm a bit pessimist. I just doubt that anyone, including me, could engage in such an ideal (and boring) bond. I'm no whore either. It's just that, i think, i can not find my perfect match at the age or time i want to. Let's say an average person's life span will be 80 years. Most people start getting to know another person at the age of 16, be involved with someone seriously by the age of 22 and get married at age 27. So between those years, how sure are you that the person you chose to be with is the right one for you? You're not even sure who that person is even when you get married. Within that 20++ years of living, im sure you haven't met all the people you could ever meet in your entire lifetime. There are a million guys to choose from, our country alone has 80++million people and probably 1/4 to 1/5 of that population are legitimate guys. How much more for other larger countries?! So, what are the chances for the next (80-27=)53 years you meet the ultimate perfect partner for you?

Then when you thought that you had chosen "the one", it turns out to be not "the one" at all. Its either he ignores you when he receives his midyear bonus or has his all attention on you when you receive your midyear bonus. And he either hits the tennis court (or whatever court he likes) 7 days a week or hits you 7 days a week.
I guess that's why they invented divorce & annulment. (And for that not-so-sure-they-chose-the-right-one, affairs.) Hehehe.

As of the moment, I, again, contradicted my personal beliefs. I'm in that ideal (but not boring) bond. We've been together for a couple of years and it just feels like we are the ultimate perfect match. He likes to eat, I like to cook. He likes to earn, I like to spend. He likes to make mess, I like to clean. Hahaha. It's not as lame as that, but we do complement each other in everything. I guess you can say I won the lottery. The chances are slim of finding your perfect mate in such a short time, but i did.

It's the best thing that ever happened to me. It's like having all the people you know, from family members, boyfriend, friend, arch enemy, acquaintance, classmate, online buddy, financier, gardener, mechanic, drinking partner, lover, soulmate, all rolled into one. I can fully enjoy my life anywhere as long as i have myHubby by my side. I guess that's whats great about being in committed relationship, you have someone to share your life with, for better or for worse.

I'm not saying my relationship is all clean & perfect. I don't think such thing exists. It's just that I have found someone to share an imperfect relationship with an (im)perfect partner that makes everything perfect! So no matter how difficult our life could be, or how many more "probably & could be the one" for either one of us come into our lives, failing & disappointing each other would be the most difficult decision to make (& we wont) and choosing to stick by each other is just the easiest choice that we'll always make.

me: what's the greatest thing about being married?
myHubby: well i guess the best thing about being married is u feel so accepted and having someone to have even if u have nothing and u have someone to turn to in happy times and in desperate times.

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.