Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Should I Whine?!


When I feel awfully low and everything just doesn't go my way, I remind myself how Christ suffered and died on the cross without complaining. So, who am I to complain & question God's plan for me?! Then I feel a little, just a little, better. Then after awhile, I start again ranting why my life is like this, ain't like that, wish I had someone else's life… blah, blah, blah. Christ is technically God and I am… me – human with all its weakness and imperfection. I can't endure disappointments and suffering with grace as Christ did.

But some people I know can. These are the parents I see almost everyday in our clinic. (well, I can't talk about anything else but my sweetie or my job.. coz this is my life as of the moment) There's this one beautiful mom with her equally adorable little boy. It seems there's no problem or whatsoever with them or with the kid for that matter. The mom actually suffered several miscarriages and would have a really difficult time of having a baby of her own & decided to adopt this beautiful kid. She didn't hesitate to get that kid cause he was cute, had negative results in the pre-screening done to him and he came (they said) from a family of smart people. Everything was going on well. Her husband loved the kid so much. But later they noticed that the kid ain't talking yet. So they decided to consult the MDs and found out that he has autism. Tsk, tsk, tsk. If I were the mom (& my evil side is on the lose), I could have returned the kid back to his family and find another kid to adopt. But they didn't. Instead they supported him with all the interventions they can find in order to help the child they learned to love as their own. Right now, the kid is doing pretty well. He is able to say what he needs & wants in complete sentences. He is able to recognize & call his "mommy", which i think is the greatest achievement for them. With all the technological advancements available, they are planning to have another baby so that when the kid grows up, someone will surely look after their adopted baby. How sweet?!

There's also another couple I adore so much. They too have a child with autism. Instead of hiding the kid and deny to people that their smart & handsome child has autism, they even made him a cap with "I have autism", which he wears most of the time. Its really not obvious with the kid but they would rather tell the world about their child & probably get freebies for it. Hehehe. Just kiddin'. Its actually their own way of educating other people and probably make other parents not feel bad about having such difficult condition. The kid's uncle even asked the dad, What if he had another kid like him (with autism)?! The dad actually answered, Its OK. At least I understand the condition & I know I can very well take care of him. I'd rather have the kid than learn that the kid is with someone else & will not take care of him as we do. Very valiant answer. The kid is currently in regular/traditional school & receiving awards too.

So who am I to whine?! My problems are way, way too trivial than what they have. Autism is a lifelong condition and dependency (to some) to the ones taking care of them. So if I ever feel like grumbling, I have a more human & realistic approach to it… just be thankful of the little nuisance I have and remind myself that God wont give me anything I can't handle.

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.