Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nativity

It was another lazy Friday afternoon, still waiting to pop.  I'm so ready to give birth as my husband is already here. The first glimpse of the bloody show has finally arrived. But it was just a faint streak of blood so this day might not be it yet. We went to the evening mass that day so that just in case I do give birth in a few hours, I will have some Divine blessing from up above and I'll have the birth experience as I planned.

The day ended with a trip to the mall with nothing but just like that monthly cycle stain -- no contractions, no water bag breaking. Oh well, tomorrow is another day -- 9/10/11.

I went to my OB/GYN the morning after for my regular prenatal check up. I was only 20% effaced, cervix still high and close. I might give birth in a few days she said. But I was so determined to give birth the same day -- 9/10/11. I told the doctor, "See you later Doc." So off we go to the mall again to do some more walking, an exercise that helps in giving birth easily. After 4hours of tiring window shopping and pigging out, still no contractions or water bag breaking. It's time to go home and rest. Maybe today is not yet the day.
After a quick catnap, I felt doing number 2 and felt some gush of fluid came out of me. This might be it as I have read somewhere that it feels like you want to poop when you are about to give birth. But I did do number 2. So this might be false alarm still. It was 3:30 in the afternoon.

We just decided to cook a nice dinner to tire me some more thinking that I'll give birth soon when I do more work or exercise. We were not yet finish with our pasta sauce when I felt contractions becoming more regular and stronger. "sweetie, this might be it. I'll just take a quick shower while you finish cooking our meal, ok.", I said to my husband. he really wanted to eat Spaghetti with white sauce that night that he couldn't leave it unfinished.

Our dinner is ready but my contractions are really stronger and more frequent than ever before. We have to leave for the hospital.
My mom who was also around asked, "where are you going?"
"to the hospital", I said.
'Why? Are you going to give birth?"
"Uhm, yes!"
"Hear the 6:30 pm mass first. " It was only 5pm.
'Uhmmm. Mom, Im in real pain now. We have to go... NOW."

My husband and I arrived at the hospital 30 mins after. i was still smiling while in great deal of pain. we were accommodated right away as I already have my admission slip.

The pain was really getting stronger. It's like menstrual cramps but way stronger than you can ever imagine. My back is also feeling the pain as we waited for my OB/Gyn and anesthesiologist to arrived. By 7pm i was already 7cm dilated.
"masakit!" (Ouch!) was all I can say. I'm reserving my energy for the "pushing stage" that I don't want to shout or say any other curse like what other preggo exclaimed from birth/labor stories I have heard.

Finally my OB/Gyn and anesthesiologist arrived. I was injected with epidural anesthesia. Which as far as I can remember, my anesthesiologist was a bit angry at me coz I just won't curl up my back right away. I remember myself saying "Teka lang, ang sakit sakit eh." (Wait! Its so painful.) When the anesthesia was already taking its effect and i was almost fully dilated, my OB/Gyn prepped me for what will happen in the next room where I will be asked to push. We even practiced pushing. It's just like really pooping. Inhale -  hold breath - push for 10secs. I got it right most of the time.

At around 8pm, Im fully dilated and we went to delivery room. My husband was supposed to go with me inside, but he was so nervous and afraid that he could not think or move anymore. All he can do was pray the rosary. He is a nurse by the way. Ironic, er?!

After several pushes (everytime I felt the contractions), our healthy, beautiful baby girl is finally out -- 9/10/11 at 9:45pm. She's such a screamer. And a carbon copy of her dad. "Thank you guys (attending doctors, residents, nurses and midwives in the delivery room with me.)"

Thank you Lord I survived.

Everything went well. No dramas, no complications. Everything was so smooth that I can really say that giving birth (with drugs) is not so bad after all.

I love you my sweetheart. Mommy loves you. Daddy loves you.

We are now complete... my family of three. :D

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.