Sunday, August 4, 2013

Of Toddlers and Hormones

I never wanted or even imagined I would be the "because-I-told-you-so-mom" or terrify her kids to raise obedient kids or the mom who orders and commands her kids what to do without any love, compassion and/or explanation. But just today, I became that mom.

Toddlers, Naptimes and PMSing Hormones don't mix.

I was trying to put the little one to sleep just like how we always do --give her milk, lie down with the little one in bed then sleep. But I guess I don't have enough patience today and I just covered my face with blanket and slept as the little one still go about playing in bed. Then I was awaken with her sitting on my already painful shoulder. I just cried in pain because I know I can't be angry or shouldn't shout at the little one. I cried and cried. She played and played. Out of frustration (and pain), I went out of the room and raised my voice ordering her to sleep. (I just can't seem to remember how I should react lovingly to toddlers from all the parenting books and blogs I've read.) She was terrified, went to bed and slept. In a few minutes, she was already sleeping.

I should be happy now right?! But I wasn't. I don't want her to obey because she was scared of me. I want her to obey because she knows what I ask her to do is out of love for her. I feel really bad right now.

I hope when she wakes up, she has forgotten all about this. 

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.