Tuesday, May 7, 2019

MidEast to MidWest

Half year down into our new life in the Midwest, I think this site needs a much deserve update.

I've started this blog to jot down joyous events, both trivial and grand. This serves as a journal to look back on when I'm feeling nostalgic and when I'm just feeling lonely. This makes me realize how blessed I am after all. So, I've consciously just post the happier episodes and occasions in the past which I've lost track to see the past year. Notice when my last post was? That was how bad my mood and mind was that I failed to see how lucky I still am.

Last year, we finally received the news that we can be scheduled for immigration interview.  However, it will be in Saudi Arabia and we were already living in the Philippines. It took us a few more months again to transfer our documents and reschedule our interview to a more convenient Embassy for us. We've waited for this for so long that we didn't expect it to even happen. More of, our bank account wasn't really ready for this to even happen. We needed medical exams and updated documents (passports, licences, immigration fees, etc) which cost quite a lot. After interview, we will  also be needing airfare tickets. With more speed bumps and financial pressure coming our way, we almost lost hope that we can make our American dream happen. But we were surrounded with people who were willing to give us a hand (a hand full of money) and we made it through. Thank God.

We finally migrated to the Midwest -- North East Central to be exact. We moved here with 2 luggages of hand me downs each and nothing in our pockets. Hubby and I didn't know how to start. But I've always believed in Divine intervention and HE did make it happen. Fortunately we have relatives, whom we have never met, who fed and took us in while we don't have a home yet. They even gave us clothes to survive winter, which is I realized by now that is pretty much all year round here. We were then again surrounded by strangers who just wanted to literally throw stuff, the exact stuff we needed when we finally found a home. Then basic necessities just kept on pouring in via Walmart Pick up from other relatives. See how magical God works?!






My small family of three experienced nothing to more than enough. I am thankful for that everyday and I will pay it forward somehow. I pray too that our life here will always be safe and comfortable as we have always strive and hope to be. 



"Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually falling into place."

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.